After a brief hiatus, we’re super excited to bring WNW back to you. We won’t waste any time – here’s what’s new with Disney this week:
1. Rey (the girl next to Chewbacca, and star of Rogue: One) joins “the guys” onstage at Hollywood Studios. The show, ‘Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away’ is presented several times daily in the park’s Center Stage area, and showcases iconic moments from Star Wars, complete with film clips and appearances by favorite Star Wars characters including Darth Vader, Chewbacca and my personal favorite, R2D2.
2. It’s only July – can you believe Candlelight Processional Dinner Packages went on sale today? Anyone can view the Candlelight Processional, part of Holidays Around the World at Epcot, that presents the traditional story of Christmas with a celebrity narrator, a 50-piece orchestra and a mass choir. But to get an up-close viewing space AND a SEAT, you’ll need dinner package tickets! They include a delicious meal and a guaranteed seat for one of the Candlelight Processional performances.
In addition to lunch and dinner packages, breakfast options are available at some favorite restaurants in and near Epcot again this year like Akershus Royal Banquet Hall and The Garden Grill. Breakfast, lunch and dinner options are also available this year at Captain’s Grille at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, with breakfast and dinner options being offered at Trattoria Al Fornoat Disney’s BoardWalk.
The full list of restaurants is here:
Here are the narrators confirmed so far:*
- Nov. 24- Dec. 3 – To Be Announced
- Dec. 4-5 – Pat Sajak
- Dec. 6-14 – To Be Announced
- Dec. 15-17 – Trace Adkins
- Dec. 18-21 – Neil Patrick Harris
- Dec. 22-24 – CCH Pounder
- Dec. 25-27 – Jaci Velasquez
- Dec. 28-30 – To Be Announced
The processional is performed three times per night (5:00, 6:45 and 8:15 p.m.) during the holiday season at the America Gardens Theatre.
Candlelight Dining Packages for breakfast start at $35 plus tax per person for adults and $21 plus tax per person for children, ages 3-9. Candlelight Dining Packages for lunch and dinner start at $44 plus tax per person for adults and $15.50 plus tax per person for children, ages 3-9.
3. Night of Joy tickets are now available – that is what used to be ONE night of Christian Sing Artists providing concerts for you in the park is now TWO. The line-up is amazing!
- Friday, Sept. 8 – MercyMe, TobyMac, Zach Williams, Natalie Grant, Danny Gokey, Matt Maher, Colton Dixon, Rend Collective
- Saturday, Sept. 9 – Amy Grant, Steven Curtis Chapman, Kirk Franklin, Jordan Feliz, Crowder, Jeremy Camp, Tye Tribbett.
For more information, stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for updates on entertainment and events.
At Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon, our photographers are currently capturing visits with favorite Disney characters Lilo and Stitch.
They’re also now at Miss Adventure Falls, the new family-style raft attraction and the longest ride in the history of Disney water parks.
5. Grand Cayman was recently added on some 7-night Western Caribbean voyages aboard the recently enhanced Disney Fantasy. Grand Cayman is the largest of the Cayman Islands, with fabulous exotic marine life PERFECT for snorkeling, warm waters and beautiful beaches.
We’ll save our Pandora review for a full post, but these are the highlights. Have a magical week!
Owner – Toontown Travel